IT Service Management (ITSM/ITIL) Process ConsultantLocation:
Remote with some travel
TechnoLava is in search of an IT Service Management Process Consultant for one of our clients.
- Assist client organizations with the planning, strategy, and implementation of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices, analyze IT governance structures, and identify recommendations for enhancements based on ITSM best practices.
- Assist with designing and developing IT processes to meet the evolving needs of clients and provide strategy, assessment, design and redesign, and implementation of solutions for clients in IT governance, service-level management, process reengineering, service desk implementations, and information life cycle management.
- Analyze and use strategies and reengineering approaches that ensure linkage among processes, departments, teams, and organizational structures to develop unified and consistent business approaches and performance improvement outcomes.
- Lead cross-functional project teams in ITSM assessment studies, including ITIL and ISO 20000 to evaluate and improve existing practices and identify key operational measurements to use for process improvements and assist with the preparation of presentations and proposals.
- 5+ years of experience in an ITSM strategy, governance, planning, design, implementation, or operations role within a large IT organization
- 5+ years of experience in business process engineering and project management with competing resource demands in mid-to-large enterprises
- Experience with documenting and championing technical requirements that result from business process recommendations
- Experience with re-engineering processes to accommodate the adoption of new technologies and with gathering information, main points, and requirements through interviews, facilitated sessions, and best-practice research
- Knowledge of the ITIL v3 service life cycle and ITSM best practices
- Ability to drive project timelines to completion with a cross-functional team and build relationships and influence all levels in an organization
- Ability to develop and present content in a concise and professional manner
- BA or BS degree required
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required
- Experience HP Service Manager preferred or other ITSM tools such as ServiceNow or BMC Remedy
- Knowledge of COBIT, ISO/IEC 20000, or CMMI
- Knowledge of technology metrics, scorecard implementation, and project management best practices
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills